4 Healthy Habits Your Kids Must Choose This New Year
The past couple of years were full of unexpected events that affected people worldwide. Many children have developed habits that make it difficult for them to stay healthy. But children are very flexible and can quickly change their habits. Parents, being the ones children look up to, can introduce healthy practices in their kids' lives through New Year resolutions, thus developing a sense of discipline within them.
Here are four healthy new year resolutions you can introduce to your kids to start 2022 on the right note.
1. Limit Screen Time
The most concerning habit that the pandemic has left behind is being glued to the screen. Children are surrounded by gadgets and are completely immersed in the digital world, which can be detrimental to their health goals. As a parent, you can act as a role model and define the limits for screen time for both yourself and your kids. It is important to involve them in other physical activities like art, reading, and cooking.
To stay healthy, you can:
- Include your kids in your exercise regimen and see them beat you with their flexibility.
- Give them chores and reward them when they are complete.
- Motivate them to read a book. Inculcate reading habits by reinforcing “DEAR time” (Drop Everything And Read) for the entire family.
- Take them on a weekend hike where they can appreciate the natural world around them.
2. Eat Healthy and Nutritious Meals
Food is important for staying healthy. Instilling healthy eating habits at a young age helps children imbibe it as a lifestyle as they grow up. Setting up a balanced diet with carbs, vitamins, minerals, proteins and fats is essential to guarantee their overall development. Additionally, you should limit their consumption of processed food and soda that adds no nutritional value. Processed food is high in sugar, salt and unhealthy fats. Instead, add veggies, fruits, nuts, dairy products, and healthy fat to their diet. Include protein powders that provide nourishment and work as immunity boosters.
Some easy ways to make kids develop healthy eating habits include:
- Allowing them to participate in cooking and explaining the advantages of eating healthy food.
- Making the meal colourful. Kids love colours, and adding colourful vegetables and fruits to their meals makes the food healthy and enjoyable.
- Enquiring about their favourite vegetable, fruit or dairy product and including it in meals.
- Enjoying meals together. Kids tend to develop healthy eating habits when they see it happening around them.
3. Maintain Good Health Hygiene
Children are prone to infections as they usually skip hygienic practices. Although it is not 100 percent possible to avoid germs, healthy hygiene is essential to healthy living. Encourage kids to brush their teeth twice a day, wash hands regularly, trim their nails and cover their mouth when coughing.
4. Maintain a Sleep Routine
Good sleep is essential for children and works as an immunity booster. Setting up a bedtime routine for kids improves their health and energy levels. Adequate sleep improves memory, learning, attention, behaviour, and overall physical and mental health. You can give your kids warm milk with added supplements for better sleep as a part of their winter care routine.
Kids can have improved mental and physical health if they take up the above points as their new year resolutions. Promoting healthy eating habits with nourishing food and drinks ensures good health. The simplest way to get proper nutrition for growth and development for your kids is by adding Prohance Jr, an immunity-boosting supplement. Prohance Jr is a scientifically formulated nutritional powder with 34 vital nutrients that enhance immunity, provide digestive comfort, and help in faster recovery from injuries.
Get the advantages of the best health drink for your children's growth and make them future-ready with Prohance!
Disclaimer: This blog/publication/editorial/article is meant for awareness / educational purposes and does not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of any Products. Please consult your doctor/healthcare practitioner before starting any diet, medication, or exercise.